Friday, October 21, 2011

Texas Trip

Haven't blogged in a bit and just wanted to update to whomever checks my blog! I was planning on moving to Texas the end of September. I made a trip out there to get a job and apartment lined up a couple weeks before then so that I could put in my two weeks at work etc. My mother and I drove to Texas (13 hr drive) on a Wednesday and left Sunday morning. I wasn't as prepared as I thought I was for I was smacked in the face with how hard it was to find an apartment. Austin is a college town and most of the apts were taken since school was already in session. Amy (my sis-in-law) was a HUGE help and even recommended the same apartment locator lady that she used a year earlier. The lady I think was going through a rough period in her life for it didn't go so well with her. Since my income is based on commission is it difficult to really get a firm price range for an apartment. My job interview was alright. Not super crazy about the job (since it's so different from Kennelwood) They had me groom a black standard poodle with NO clippervac system (a system used by few groomers that makes grooming faster/easier/cleaner) so there was A LOT of scissor work! I was hired on the spot so I must have done an alright haircut. (The dog I later found out was one of the other groomer's dog) I had seven people stare at me while I groomed this dog. It was very nerve-racking! Since I still have a lease here in STL I decided to stick out the rest of my lease here and then pick up things in Texas. For now I'm saving up money like crazy. The trip to Texas made me realize I didn't have enough money to move and I needed to wait out my other lease here. It was nice to see Tom, Amy, Joni and Jackson though! I really missed them!

No comments: